Будинок Басі Каган


Будинок у стилі яскраво вираженого раціоналістичного модерну споруджений у 1929 році за проектом архітектора В. Свєнтоховського і був власністю Басі-Фрейди Каган, яка займалася торгівлею промислових товарів. З початком Другої світової війни власниця зникла з міста і будинок був націоналізований новою радянською владою. До 1941 року тут мешкали сім’ї радянських військових офіцерів, прокурорів, а німецькі окупанти у 1941-1944 рр. в цьому будинку розмістили казино.
З 1954 року до сьогодні в колишньому приватному особняку Басі Каган працює бібліотека для дітей – відділ естетичного виховання малечі.

Вул. С. Петлюри, 27

Bass Kagan House
The house in the style of a brightly expressed rationalist modernism was constructed in 1929 by the architect V. Sentohovsky and it was the property of Basi-Freud Kagan, who was engaged in trade of industrial goods. With the start of the Second World War, the owner disappeared from the town and the house was nationalized by the new Soviet authorities. By 1941, there were families of Soviet military officers, prosecutors, and the German occupiers in 1941-1944 placed a casino in that house.
From 1954 until today in the previous private house of Basi Kagan there is a library for children – department of aesthetic education for children