Колона Божої Матері


Кам’яна фігура Божої Матері була споруджена на передміській базарній площі в 1770 році в пам’ять про сотні померлих від смертоносної хвороби – чуми. Кошти на її спорудження зібрали міські жителі. Після епідемії холери 1856 року біля статуї було вивішено невгасиму лампаду і, за переказами, мор знову відступив. До святині майже 200 років молитовно приклонялися рівняни різного віросповідання.
Колона була знесена в 1952 році.
25 серпня 2003 року на цьому ж місці знову постав образ Богородиці. Автори пам’ятника – скульптор В.Стасюк, архітектор Л.Закревський.

50.619264, 26.250112

Column of Mother of Christ
The stony figure of Mother of God was erected on the suburban market square in 1770 to honour hundreds of people who died of lethal epidemy of plague. Money was assembled by citizens to build it. After cholera epidemy of 1856 the forever burning icon lamp was set and the plague faded away. Almost for 200 years the citizens of Rivne had been idolizing it. The column was destroyed in 1952 but in 2003, August 25, was newly rebuilt and erected on the same place. The authors of the monument: V. Stasyuk (sculptor), L. Zakrevskiy (architect).