Місце розташування єврейського кладовища


За межею міста на північній його околиці на пагорбі, що мав історичну назву «Кавказ», знаходилось єврейське кладовище. Поховання тут здійснювали до 1941 року. На пагорбі були сотні могил з цементними надгробками (мацеви) з візерунками, зірками Давида та написами на івриті. Єврейське кладовище було закрите для поховань у 1957 р., а в кінці 1960-х рр. частково зруйноване через будівництво школи № 5, приміщення компартійного обкому та партархіву.

50.628257, 26.253100

The location of the Jewish cemetery
The Jewish cemetery was situated beyond the border of the city on its northern suburb on a hill and was called “Caucasus”. The burials were carried out there till 1914. There were hundreds of graves with cement tombstones (matsevy) with the patterns, stars of David and inscriptions written in Hebrew. The Jewish cemetry was closed for burials in 1957 and it was partly destroyed by the construction of the school number 5, the regional communist committee and partarhiv an the end of the 1960s.