Історична вулиця Петра Дорошенка


У передмісті Воля у другій пол. ХІХ ст. виникла вулиця, яка мала назву Томарівська. На цій вулиці знаходилось римо-католицьке кладовище і каплиця Святого Юзефа (зруйновані в радянський час).
У 1920-1930-і рр. вулиця мала назву Легіонів. В будинку під № 33 містилася Волянська синагога. За адресою вул. Легіонів, 55 знаходилась фабрика мила «Сток». В будинку № 43 знаходився Будинок старців Римо-католицького товариства Доброчинності, збудований у 1935 році.
В роки Другої світової війни в цьому районі нацисти створили єврейське гетто, звідси вони відправляли єврейське населення на фізичне знищення.

The historical Petro Doroshenko street
In the suburb of Volya in the second half of the nineteenth century a street called Tomarivska arose. On this street there was a Roman Catholic cemetery and a chapel of St. Jozef (destroyed in Soviet times). In the 1920-1930s the street was called the Legions. In the house #33 there was Volyanska synagogue. At the address of Legions Street 55 there was a soap factory “Stock”. In house #43 was the Nursing home of the Roman Catholic Charity Society, built in 1935. During the Second World War, the Nazis created a Jewish ghetto in the area, from here they sent the Jewish population to physical extermination.