Історична вулиця Словацького


Перша назва вулиці з кінця XIX ст. –
провулок Бармацький, пізніше
Гоголівський, який брав початок від сучасно
вул. С. Петлюри і закінчувався біля вул.
Міцкевича. Статус вулиці і ім’я уславленого польського поета, уродженця Волині – Юліуша Словацького провулок одержав в 1930-і рр. В міжвоєнний період вулиця забудовувалась добротними офісами та
особняками привабливої архітектури,
частина яких збереглася до нашого часу.
Серед відомих мешканців вулиці були лікаріМ. Прохоров і Г. Ромський, повітовий предводитель дворян Д.Андро, письменниця О.С.Ткачук.
В 1960-рр. під час реконструкції центру міста
зникла частина вулиці, що виходила на вул. Міцкевича.
Нині на вулиці знаходиться церква Святого
Миколая Чудотворця та єпархіальне
управління УАПЦ.

The historical
Slovatskogo Street
The first street’s name since the end of the XIX
century was Barmatsky Lane, later Gogolivsky,
which originated from the modern Street of S.
Petliura and ended near Mitskevych Street. The
lane got a status of the street and the name of the
famous Polish poet, the native of Volhyn region
– Juliush Slowatski in the 1930’s. In the interwar
period, the street was built up with good offices
and mansions of attractive architecture, some of
which have survived to this day. Among
prominent street residents there were doctors M.
Prokhorov and G. Romsky, district leader of the
nobility – D. Andro and O. S. Tkachuk, the
the writer.
In the 1960s during the reconstruction of the
city center, a part of the street that went out on
Mitskevych street disappeared.
Now there is the church of St. Nicholas, the Miracle Worker and the diocesan administration
of the UAOC (the Ukrainian Autocephalous
Orthodox Church).